The International Tracing Service (ITS) is an archive and a center for documenting National Socialist persecution and the liberated survivors. Former victims of Nazism and their families receive information regarding their incarceration, forced labor and post-war Allied assistance. The more than 30 million documents in the ITS archives also provide the basis for research and education. In order to fulfill these tasks, the ITS cooperates internationally with memorial sites, archives and research institutions. The ITS commemorates the victims of the Holocaust as well as National Socialist crimes, thus contributing towards a culture of remembrance. As of 2013 the original documents in the ITS archives are included on the UNESCO “Memory of the World” registry.
The ITS is an international organization funded by the German Federal Government and governed by an international Commission consisting of representatives from 11 member states (Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, Italy, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Poland, the United Kingdom and the United States of America). The ITS is financed with the budget of the German Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and Media. Its institutional partner is the German Federal Archive.
At the International Tracing Service, the position of
personal assistant (m/f)
to the director is to be filled as soon as possible. The position will initially have a duration of two years.
1. To support the director in the fulfilment of her responsibilities, especially on the international level
- Secretariat of the International Commission for the ITS: preparation of and follow-up on conferences with regard to content, keeping minutes, monitoring of assignments issued, communication with the members of the International Commission
- Fundraising: involvement in the development of a fundraising concept, development of an implementation plan, preparation of and follow-up on meetings, accompaniment of the director to important appointments, keeping minutes, cultivating contacts, coordinating assignments issued
- Preparation of conferences/meetings with regard to content, accompaniment of the director and keeping minutes, monitoring of assignments issued
2. To assist the director in an advisory capacity with regard to content:
- Review/assessment of special issues for the director taking strategic objectives into account
- Clarification of specialized issues and questions, submission of solution proposals
- Processing of administrative transactions and correspondence in preparation for filing
- Participation in the development and formulation of concepts, guidelines, official statements and analyses
University degree (diploma (UAS) / bachelor) in the field of law, administrative studies, political science, communications, business administration, cultural science, history, international relations or public administration (FL II or VWA).
Your strengths lie in independent, conceptual, implementation-oriented work. You have strong editorial capabilities. You are communicative, capable of working in a team, and service-oriented. When faced with new challenges you come up with creative solutions which you implement reliably thanks to your organization abilities and your flexibility. You are discreet and trustworthy. You have fluent command of spoken and written German and English. You are prepared to take on assignments outside your core working hours.
We offer you a responsible, professionally challenging position in an interesting, internationally oriented institution.
The position is remunerated according to the collective wage agreements for the employees of the stationing forces (TV AL II) *) salary bracket C-7 (comparable to TVöD EG-11/12). We are presently working toward a transition to TVöD.
To apply, please begin by filling out our application form and sending it to us, preferably by e-mail or mail. Applications sent by e-mail must be in PDF format. The deadline for applications is January 27, 2017.
Floriane Hohenberg, director, will be happy to answer your questions regarding the content of the position: Floriane.Hohenberg@its-arolsen.org
On questions about organizational aspects of the application procedure, please contact Susanne Oestreicher, head of ITS personnel administration: email@example.com or tel. +49 (0)5691 629-120.
ITS, Personaladministration, Große Allee 5–9, 34454 Bad Arolsen
*) You will find further information on collective wage agreement TV AL II here.