All victims of the Holocaust and Nazi tyranny:
- People of all nationalities that were imprisoned in concentration camps, ghettos, work camps and Gestapo prisons between 1933 and 1945.
- People that were kidnapped in the Reich territory and forced to do slave labor.
- Displaced Persons (DPs) who were placed under protection of international refugee organizations after the liberation.
- Children who were under 18 after the liberation and who belonged to the group of persecution victims
- Soviet prisoners of war and Italian Military Internees as well as other prisoners of war who were detained in concentration camps or had been used for forced labor.
Important information: The ITS does not hold documents on prisoners of war who were not used for slave labor, or on the fate or remains of members of the German Armed Forces. Moreover, the mandate of the ITS does not include people/persons who fled or were driven out as a result of the defeat of National Socialist Germany.